Menlo grows its SG footprint
Published: Jan 10, 2013
Singapore - Menlo Worldwide Logistics, a division of US freight transportation and logistics firm Con-way Inc, has established a warehousing and retail distribution management centre in Singapore.
Located at 11 Sunview Way, the SG$50 million investment aims to expand the company's footprint in the local market and will beef up Menlo's sustainability efforts.
The facility will offer services including storage and distribution, and high value-added services such as picking and packing operations, kitting, order fulfillment, light assembly, customised labeling and return management services.
Currently, Menlo serves more than 100 businesses in Singapore from various sectors, such as automotive, high-tech, consumer goods, industrial, aerospace, and wine and spirits.
Robert Bianco Jr. (pictured), president of Menlo Worldwide Logistics, said the facility is "a model for sustainable building and business practices and will enable us to provide superior warehousing and logistics services for our customers".
He added that the company also has plans to grow its retail consumer goods businesses and increase its service offerings for finished vehicles and wine and spirits.
"To do that we are exploring prospects for two new warehouse facilities, which we expect to be about the same size and scale as our Sunview facility," Bianco Jr said.
Kelvin Wong, executive director of logistics at the Singapore Economic Development Board, added that the development is "a move in the right direction to transform the logistics industry to support a more competitive and productivity-led economy".
Menlo had first established its presence in Singapore ten years ago at the Airport Logistics Park of Singapore. It has since continued investing in the market, including acquiring Cougar Express Logistics for US$34 million (SG$41.7 million).
Subscribe to ProcurementAsia's biweekly bulletin now!
For exclusive video content, visit Channel P on YouTube.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Get your marketing department up to speed with Marketing, Asia's most read marketing site.
- Menlo Worldwide
Menlo Worldwide Related Stories:
- Menlo acquires Cougar for US$33.9 million
- Menlo wins EUT Fashion outsourcing contract
- Menlo completes acquisition of Chic Holdings
- Mapletree buys Cougar warehouses
- UPS freight forwarding gets new president
- Williford heads up global supply chain business at Ryder
- Menlo makes new appointments
- Menlo appoints China director
- Menlo bags SG logistics duties for Puma
- Menlo breaks ground with SG expansion
- Menlo appoints solutions & IT director
- Menlo appoints new leaders
- Menlo appoints operations director
- BabyCare goes with Menlo
- Good news for the planet
- Huawei’s buying plans, Menlo picked
- Menlo expands, Fuel costs up