GM restructures, Rolls-Royce wins contracts
Published: Jul 20, 2012
GM restructures manufacturing ops
In a bid to optimise its global manufacturing footprint, General Motors has restructured its management, appointing Tim Lee as vice president of global manufacturing. Lee will be in charge of GM's global manufacturing operations, supervising regional manufacturing leaders. He will also be responsible for global manufacturing engineering, labour relations, safety and manufacturing strategy and planning. Diana Tremblay has also been appointed vice president of manufacturing in North America.
Rolls-Royce gets multiple contracts
Global power systems manufacturer Rolls-Royce has secured a slew of contracts with a number of Asian companies. Malaysia Airlines inked a memorandum of understanding for a long-term TotalCare services support for Trent 900 engines to power its fleet of six Airbus A380s. Cathay Pacific Airways has roped in the engines manufacturer to provide engines for its 10 Airbus A350-1000 planes. Rolls-Royce has also received an order from Garuda Indonesia Airlines for Trent 700 engines to power 11 Airbus A330 aircraft.
Wärtsilä to supply in Kuwait
Marine solutions provider Wärtsilä has been tasked to supply main engines for vessels being built for Kuwait Oil Tanker Co., a division of Kuwait Petroleum. The vessels, which include four Very Large Crude Oil Carriers, an Aframax tanker and four medium-range tankers, will be built at South Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) shipyard. The company had earlier inked contracts in Asia, including China, East Timor and Singapore.
Subscribe to ProcurementAsia's thrice-weekly bulletin now!
For exclusive video content, visit Channel P on YouTube.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.Get your marketing department up to speed with Marketing, Asia's most read marketing site.
- Rolls Royce
- General Motors
Rolls Royce Related Stories:
- Rolls-Royce to launch Asia’s first engine facility
- Aerospace buyers to look beyond price
- SIA Cargo clinches Rolls-Royce deal
- SIA A380 makes forced turnaround
- Rolls-Royce begins campus construction
- SAESL opens extended MRO facility
- Rolls-Royce spruces up headcount
- Rolls-Royce drives Thai supply chain
- Rolls-Royce rolls out big results
- Qantas gets blasted by engine fault
- Airbus misses the target
- Rolls-Royce facility takes flight
- Rolls-Royce ups SE Asian presence
- Rolls-Royce gets £100m contract
- A*STAR, Rolls-Royce in R&D tie-up
- TNT sells stakes, UPS new rates
- DHL does more, Audi picks supplier